Friday, January 27, 2012

What would be the best star trek book to start reading?

I wanted to try reading some star trek books, to see if I could get into them, What would be the best star trek book to start reading? Is there a continuity to the series? Ive never seen the show or any of the original movies, so I have no familiarity with the story.What would be the best star trek book to start reading?A couple books that I think are good are Entropy Effect and Strangers From The Sky. These are both set in the Original Series era, but there are books from all Star Trek tv series.
There are hundreds of Star Trek books, so just search somewhere that has a lot of Star Trek books like Amazon.com, browse plot summaries, read reviews and choose what sounds interesting to you.
I found this list of good Trek novels: http://www.amazon.com/A-survey-of-Trek-n鈥?/a>
I am not sure whether many of those are good starter books, but Troublesome Minds and Collision Course probably would be. I'm looking forward to reading those two.
There is not really any continuity to the books, as in you can pick up any Star Trek book from any series-era and you're not going to miss much unless it's a sequel. You should have a basic idea of who the characters of Star Trek are before reading, though.
  • virtual villagers 5
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment