Monday, February 20, 2012

How do I use my bluetooth cell phone through On Star in my 2006 Chevy Impala?

I have been told that I can use my cell phone through bluetooth in my car, but I am not sure how. I am not subscribed to On Star and I have no plans of doing so. I just want to be able to use the voice activated dialling and the hands free features using the minutes on my cell phone (Sanyo Katana on the Bell network) without activating On Star. Is there any way to do this?How do I use my bluetooth cell phone through On Star in my 2006 Chevy Impala?In short, you have to pay. There are a couple of options. there are aftermarket kits that will allow you to tap into the vehicle's onboard speaker and microphone system. it's called onstar lockpick. Look it up. Other than that, if you want to go legit, you can subscribe to onstar for one year, and you have to have a verizon wireless cell phone. you can add a line onto a family plan for $10 and use the onstar phone number. Verizon is the only phone company that has teamed with onstar. So weight the cost of onstar and verizon, versus the cost of parts and installation for the onstar lockpick, and judge for yourself.
  • virtual villagers 5
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment